NICABM Advanced Master Program On The Treatment Of Trauma
Even in the last few years, there have been significant changes in the way you manage and comprehend trauma. So how can you adequately prepare yourselves for both the present and the coming years? Because of this, you need to know about the brand-new Advanced Master Program on the Treatment of Traumaoffered by NICABM.
Bessel van der Kolk, MD, Ruth Lanius, MD, PhD, Richard Schwartz, PhD, Stephen Porges, PhD, Thema Bryant-Davis, PhD, and other top trauma therapyexperts will share their expert perspectives with you.
When a patient has been through trauma, many of the ways NICABM were taught to make them feel safe and build a relationship with them may not work as well.
A client who has gone through trauma could feel unsafe in relationships. It can be frightful to make eye contact. The fact that patients can easily be set off during a session may be the hardest part.
When this occurs, their neurological system is overloaded and their cognition is rendered useless. Additionally, they might not be able to absorb many words.
Cognitive behavioral therapies, psychoeducation, and insight-based methods all lose their effectiveness or even work against them at this point. But even in the last few years, NICABM's understanding of trauma and its approaches to treating it has changed.
NICABM is learning how to help clients who have been through trauma in ways that go beyond the traditional fight/flight/freeze model.
NICABM now know new ways to help patients whose past trauma is destroying their current relationships, which are exactly the ones that can be great sources of strength, solace, and support for them as they heal.
Hope - the Treating Trauma Master Series
Trauma is a complex and multifaceted issue, but there are now research and evidence-based approaches that may be used in real-world settings to enhance outcomes.
A cutting-edge course, Advanced Master Program on the Treatment of Trauma, created by NICABM (The National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine), which compiles all the most recent data on trauma treatment, is now available to assist.
The experts talk about the most important ideas, methods, and uses for treating trauma in each area. The five modules are:
- Trauma and the Neurobiology of Injury.
- What Physiological Changes Take Place in the Brain Following Trauma?
- How to Manage Traumatic Memory Inherent in the Nervous System?
- How to Guide Patients Through Dysregulation and Help Them Recover From Hypoarousal?
- How to Reverse the Physiological Imprint of Trauma by Working with the Limbic System and The Neurobiology of Attachment?
Check out some of the topics the experts will cover:
- How to recognize disscoiation and treat it.
- Other than fight, flight, and freeze defensive strategies.
- Working with patients whose past trauma causes issues in their current relationships.
- Methods for treating patients with the freeze response trapped.
- How to reduce the pain of shame caused by trauma?
No, the NICABM trauma master course is not free. You have to buy it.
The cost of the Gold Subscription is $397 USD.
You can also choose to sign up for the Gold package of the Advanced Master Program on the Treatment of Trauma by NICABM. You can then store all of the movies, audio files, transcripts, and goodies in your permanent library in this way.